Vanilla Pots de Crème
These little vanilla pots de crème are so delicious! Again this week an easy and quick recipe! In France we love cooking TV shows (or at least I do…)! Anyway, during the first lockdown one of the famous chef in France, Cyril Lignac, have started one to cheer up people! He was cooking on live every evening and I was watching his show often. I kept few recipes from this, included these vanilla pots de crème!
I like it because it helps me to use my extra egg yolks. When I have extra egg whites, I always know what to do with them: macarons, meringues, financiers… But with egg yolks I always run out of idea, or I should say I ran out of idea ;).
Since I have started making these at home, Mister has always loved them. So now if I have leftovers of egg yolk, trust me I can’t threw them away, he
is forcing me asking me really gently to make vanilla pot de crème! And as it makes me happy to make him happy, I just grab a bowl and a whisk and in no time at all they are in the oven!
The hardest step is to wait for the pots de crème to cool down in the fridge for few hours. It’ real torture trust me…
Moreover, I give you the recipe now, like that you don’t have to wait much longer to try them ;)!
Vanilla pots de crème
- 5 egg yolks
- 450 ml double cream
- 100 ml milk
- 90 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (or 1 tsp of vanilla paste)
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add slowly the cream, milk and the seeds of the vanilla pod, whisk well. Keep the empty vanilla pod to make your own vanilla sugar.
- Pour the mixture in little pots.
- Cook it in the oven at 120°C for 50 minutes. The middle must be still trembling but not liquid. It will set in the fridge.
- Let them cool down and put them in the fridge for at least 2h, or overnight if you have time, before serving!
Normally, I make these pots de crème a day ahead, to let them set in the fridge overnight. You can serve them with berries as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries, they will match perfectly with the vanilla.
Have a great day!